Some of Lozier Music’s instructors are experienced in working with children with developmental challenges, including autism. While the Simply Music method was developed for mainstream music education, it is also being used to help children (and adults) with similar challenges to experience the joy of connecting with music and being able to express their emotions through it.
Music can reach the depths of our soul and connect with our emotions like nothing else and in ways that scientists do not fully understand. Studies show that music and playing an instrument have a significant impact on a child’s ability to learn.
Music improves a child’s:
Achievement – specifically in education, but also in every aspect of life, music prepares children for life. “Music students tend to possess the qualities and skills that are generally considered essential to employers in business, education, and service organizations.” With regards to reading – “learning to read music enhances the student’s ability to perform the skills necessary for reading, listening, anticipating, forecasting, memory training, recall skills, concentration techniques, and speed reading” Self-esteem – “there is a high correlation between positive self-perception, high cognitive competence scores, self-esteem, and interest and involvement in school music.” Brain function – research shows that participation in music activates areas of the brain that other activities cannot duplicate. “involvement in music connects and develops the motor systems of the brain … [and] … more fully involves brain functions (both left and right hemispheres) than any other activities studied.”
– Student Development Article http://www.childrensmusicworkshop.com/advocacy/studentdevelopment.html
Students at Lozier Music can begin a long-term relationship with music that can last a lifetime. This relationship is assisted by the partnership of a life coach (typically the parent), method coach (teacher), and the student. These 3 people navigate through the musical relationship together and keep the relationship strong (like a 3 legged stool). Music is a wonderful tool that will be used and shared throughout the student’s entire life!
Scheduling and Payment
In an effort to make enrollment and account access as easy as possible, Lozier Music utilizes an online registration, scheduling, and tuition payment system that is both secure and simple called Studio Director. You will also be able to review your account information and statement at any time. You have likely already been input into the system (if you have provided the studio with you email address).
Use the following link below to access your account.Access My Account
Follow the instructions below if this is your first time accessing your account.
- To access the system, you will find a link ABOVE, OR just copy the following into your browser window:
- If this is your first time logging in, you will want to select “Forgot your Password” on the lower side below the login section. IF you enter your password and it returns: “Sorry, we do not have the email address email@example.com on file.” Then you have not been registered. You can create a new account by selecting “YES” at the bottom. Follow the instructions to register.
- An email will be sent with a link to change your password. Follow the instructions.
- Once you have gained access to your account, you will be able to view and update the information we have entered for you. If there are fields missing or containing incorrect information, please update these.
- You can select “Next” at the bottom of the page to proceed and enter your credit card payment information (you will also have the opportunity to select an automatic recurring payment option). Please make sure you proceed completely through the process. You can also complete payment by bringing a check or cash in a sealed envelope to the studio.There is a secure drop box in the back if we are not open. If you have questions at any step, please contact the studio at (248) 844.1024, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form here.