Students are encouraged to write some festive music
As Halloween is approaching students are encouraged to write some festive music to play at Sunrise Independent Senior Home in Troy on October 13th from 2-3pm.
Some ideas to spark creativity.
- Pick a subject for your composition. Examples could be- Goblins, Pumpkins, Witches, Fall Leaves, Cider and Donuts.
- Pick a key or a place on your instrument to improvise (make up spontaneously) until you find a motive that you like. This could mean that you play in the A minor chord position or the D minor chord position. Add some black keys (or sharps for guitar/flute) to add a more scary sound.
- Once you have a small motive (theme) move it to a new location and try it at the place to make the piece longer.
- Add a left hand.
- Add a title.
- Add a story to it or lyrics that you might sing.
- Videotape so that you remember it.