Why is it important to attend your child’s piano lessons at Lozier Music?
Lozier Music teaches a licensed method called Simply Music. The method embraces families and encourages them to be part of a musical journey together. Parents are encouraged to attend lessons with their children and to be their life coach at home.
Here are some reasons parent’s involvement in piano lessons is crucial to their success.
1. Children need a life coach to help them navigate through the fun and not so fun parts of their musical journey.
2. Families can make music together and often parents can learn alongside their child.
3. Children love to be with their parents as they learn something new and exciting for them.
4. Parents can help share with the teacher at the lesson the successes and struggles of piano practice at home.
5. Parents can alert the teacher when the student worked on something specific (composition perhaps) and doesn’t yet want to share it with the class.
6. Parents learn what goes on in the lesson and can work the student at home.
7. A parent being in the lesson with the child has proven a longer experience in piano lessons.
8. Parents work alongside the teacher by working with the child at home.
9. Parents get free lessons by attending lessons with their child.
Carrie Lozier, who has taught Simply Music piano lessons since 2004, has seen the success and commitment of students to be unbelievably higher if the parent attends lessons with the child weekly.
We strive to help students create musical relationships that last a lifetime with the family together.